How Do I start My First Blog?
With an easy and delicious cheesecake of course!
This is all very new to me and for days now I have been deciding how to simply start this blog. I have a mind like a jungle of information to share and teach people.
Over time I plan to just chat about all the things I wish I had known before my children were born.
But what I can tell you is as a family we do love food. And when we opted to follow a low carb lifestyle the last thing I wanted, was for my children to feel deprived. A low carb way of eating certainly isn’t one of deprivation that so many ‘gurus’ tell you. The only deprivation we have is no guilt.
When you finally remove those sugar addictions you begin to taste the food in its natural state. Cream is suddenly sweet, and strawberries don’t need the sprinkle of sugar.
So, for my first blog is this nice and delicious cheesecake that everyone will love. I do refer myself to being a Queen of Cheesecakes. My first was terrible but over time I have made so many varieties, they are my favourite bake!
The recipe and a few notes. Add your sweetener in small amounts and keep testing until its perfect for you! The amounts shown, I add as a guide but to my families taste so either add more or less, until its perfect for you.
Add fruit, coconut, go wild with your own take and enjoy!
· 2 cups Ground Almonds
· 2 tbsp. truvia
· 3 tbsp. melted butter
· 1tsp vanilla
· 16oz cream cheese
· 2 cups heavy cream
· 1/4 cup water
· 1 packet gelatine
· 1 tbsp. vanilla
· 1/4 cup of trivia
1. Preheat oven to 180c
2. Line a spring form pan with baking parchment
3. To make the crust combine all the ingredients, taste test and then press into the base of the tin
4. Bake for approx. 10 minutes.
5. Remove and allow to cool.
6. Whip the double cream in a bowl.
7. In a separate bowl whip the cream cheese
8. In a small saucepan add the water and sprinkle the gelatine over the top. Let sit for a couple of minutes and then add the sweetener
9. On a gentle heat warm the water, gelatine and sweetener until dissolved and then add the vanilla. (you can add half the sweetener and the rest later)
10.Whilst whisking add the gelatine mixture to the cream cheese.
11.Fold in the double cream into the cream cheese. Taste test and add more sweetener if required.
12.Add the cheese topping to your cheesecake base and pop in the fridge for a couple of hours or until set. (unless you can’t wait lol)